I’ve often wondered about a very puzzling southern term…it sounds like it could be a phrase, but it’s actually one word; ‘sumpnother.’
In a sentence would go as follows, “I got sumpnother stuck in my eye!”
Other examples of ‘sumpnother’.
• Sumpnother’s crawled up in there ‘n died!
• You can have sumpnother for dinner.
• You can eat sumpnother using sumpnother.
• Sumpnother can clog your drains, and you can use sumpnother to clean ’em out!
• You can even write sumpnother with sumpnother.
• You can store sumpnother inside sumpnother to keep sumpnother from getting spoiled.
• You can catch sumpnother if you do sumpnother, or if you forget to use sumpnother.
• Sumpnother can hurt for days until you take sumpnother for it.
• You can die from sumpnother if you don’t watch out for sumpnother.
• Sumpnother can clean sumpnother out.
• Sumpnother can fix sumpnother.
• You can even get fixin’ to do sumpnother.
• Sumpnother can smell unless you spray sumpnother on it.
• Sumpnother runs good until sumpnother happens to it.
• At times ‘sumpnother’ can tell you things…”Sumpnother told me ya’ll was comin’ over!”
• You see sumpnother by using sumpnother.
• You can fetch sumpnother by climbing up sumpnother.
• You can use sumpnother to remind you to do sumpnother.
• While you were doin’ sumpnother, like readin’ this, sumpnother wadn’t getting’ done, so now you gotta hurry up and do sumpnother!
• Sumpnother tells me you’re gonna forward this sumpnother to your friends so they can use their sumpnother to send it to other people’s sumpnother. Then, maybe just maybe, sumpnother will be done about figuring out sumpnother about sumpnother.
Dedicated to my brother in-law Shane Jenkinson, who always has sumpnother to tell me about sumpnother that makes me laugh my sumpnother off.
Inspired by sumpnother that someone said about sumpnother!