Here I will endeavor, with the help of my relatives, to populate what information we can collect about the geneology of the Mangold Clan that currently hails from southeast Missouri. The details are sketchy, and the dates are not firm yet, but the following is an attempt to connect the dots.
According to undocumented information our branch of the Mangolds hail from what was called after World War II, East Germany, what was known as Frankfurt on the Oder. Frankfurt on the Oder (or Frankfurt an der Oder), is not to be confused with Frankfort am Main. Based on family reports, the Mangolds are of East German-Jewish descent. The exact time of thier immigration to the United States has not yet been determined, but based on estimates, is close to late 1800’s or 1900’s.
To the best of my knowledge, here is what I can determine thus far. I more than likely do not have the birth order correct for some of the earlier generations so information here would be helpful.
Mangold Family Tree
Numbers indicate Generations
1. Frankfurt, Germany Mangolds
2. Mary Cecil, Earvie Sr., Clarence, Grace, Lola, Orville, Lloyd, (and several others that I have not confirmed yet) Mangold
3. Marianne (Mary Cecil Mangold Chambers)
3. Earvie Jr., Betty, Ruby (Earvie Mangold, Sr.)
3. Clarence and Ida had no children together
4. Rodger, Michael, Yolanda Mangold (Earvie, Jr.)
4. Stoney Taylor (Betty Mangold – Taylor)
4. Brenda and Others? (Ruby Mangold – ?)
5. Rodger II, Margie, Rodney (Rodger Sr.)
6. Nathan, Katelyn Mangold (Rodger, II’s children)
6. William, Nicholas Scott (Margie’s children)
6. Billie Dove, Rodney Jr. (Rodney’s Children)
5. Sheree and Shonna (Michael)
6. Wyatt Sanchez (Sheree)
6. No Children (Shonna)
5. Dawnshera, Jessica, Charity, Natalie (Yolanda Mangold – Johnson)
6. Emily and Abby Chambers (Dawnshera and Darrin)
6. Chloe Boss (Jessica)
6. Caleb O’Brien (Charity and Shawn)
6. No Children (Natalie)
5 thoughts on “Mangold Family Tree”
Dalre`… I noticed that you don’t have Aunt Ruby’s married name. Maybe you already have it, but incase you don’t, it is Goodrum. Love. Madre` :)
There is a remote branch of Mangold here in Santa Fe, Argentina, possibly Swiss-German colonizers who reached here circa 1890. Some of them are students in my school.
My Grandmother was Rose Lee( Mangold )Thomas my mother was Louise( Thomas ) Rodgers, Uncle JC Thomas, I can also identify some of the people in the pictures. Ruth (Young) Williford is Mary Cecil Chambers grandaughter. Daughter Clara Louise (Davidson, Davis, )Young
I am doing work on my Mangold family tree. My great grandfather Jacob Mangold born 3-17-1845 in Vinningen, Germany and baptized in Luthersbrunn Church. He homesteaded in Kansas US 1880’s Is this person in any of your research. His father was also Jacob (Adam) Mangold and mother Katherina Salomea Riffelmacher
Hi Terry – Thanks for visiting. In fact, I have found information on Ancestry.com regarding Jacob and it appears we share him as an ancestor. I’m not all that adept at Ancestry, but I did trace him and some of his ancestors. I have taken a break from tracking all of this, but I’ll include a screen grab of what I dug up.
LINK to the Screen Grab: https://themangolds.files.wordpress.com/2021/11/jacob-mangold.png