From the earliest days of man’s history, anointing has played an important role in the transference of God’s presence, power, and favor to His servants. As man grew more reliant on God’s power and sufficiency, and less on his own cunning craftiness, they learned there was much more that could be accomplished.
Jacob anointed the pillow on which he slept the night God revealed Himself from the top of the ladder of Heaven. Jacob anointed his pillow and it became a pillar.
The anointing, as it was applied to Aaron and his sons, took a man and his family, and established the Levitical priesthood. God took a man who had allowed Israel to fashion a golden calf in Moses’ absence, and a man who had challenged Moses’ authority, to be the foreshadowing of Christ, our Eternal High Priest because of the anointing.
It was the God of David that anointed his head with oil and his cup over ran. Yes, the same man, who as child had been anointed the future King of Israel, the same man who in his lust committed adultery and murder. The same man, who in his arrogance, numbered the children of Israel, was well acquainted with the Oil of Gladness. He repented and found forgiveness, and said, “I shall be anointed with fresh oil.”
Oil was a constant in the worship and sacrifice of Israel, and it is clear to see that the oil of the Old Testament was without doubt the precursor to the anointing of the Holy Ghost in the New Testament.
The five wise and five foolish virgins’ level of oil was indicative of their readiness for the bridegroom.
In the book of Matthew, Jesus told his disciples when they fast, not to be like the hypocrites, but to anoint their heads and wash their face, “That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.”
The Samaritan tended to the wounds of the traveler with both oil and wine
In James, he commands the sick to call upon the elders of the church, to anoint and pray for them, and God shall heal them, and if there be any sin it shall be forgiven.
The anointing is not a static event in someone’s life. It is intended to activate the power, plan, and favor of God in all that it is applied to. The oil is the outward agent of the inward transference of God’s divine intervention in your life.
- Use the Anointing Oil in every area of life…
- Use it on the forehead of a sick child in the middle of the night.
- Use it on the pillow of an unsaved loved one who refuses to answer the call of God on their life.
- Use it on the vehicle of your teenager before they travel.
- Use it on the job application or scholarship that you desperately want God’s favor in.
- Use it to anoint a bill you cannot afford to pay and watch God unlock your finances.
- Use it on yourself before you fast, and then wash your face.
- Use it to anoint the doorposts of a new home or a home that is battling evil spirits.
- Use it on a napkin or handkerchief like Apostle Paul to allow the transference of healing.
God’s Anointing, coupled with your prayer is unstoppable!
…and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
Photo compliments of Bro. Carlos Hernandez.
Please visit his blog at http://carloshernandezphoto.wordpress.com/ to view some of his artistry in documenting Apostolics in the 21st Century. Thanks Bro. Carlos!